Can SleepPhones® Headphones Double as an Eye Mask?
With research from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention showing that one third of U.S. adults aren't getting the recommended amount of sleep, it's no surprise many of us are doing whatever we can to get more needed zzz's.
SleepPhones® can help you get more and better sleep by letting you comfortably use music, meditation, and more to lull yourself into sleep. It also makes many people wonder: Can SleepPhones® also serve as an eye mask?
It's a good question when you consider how important darkness is in fostering restful sleep. Too much light impedes your circadian rhythm— the "body clock" that controls when you're awake and asleep. That's because excess light suppresses melatonin, a hormone that plays a big role in regulating sleep and wakefulness.
A sleep mask can help create a dark environment— and (good news!) your SleepPhones® can double as a sleep mask. Just place them around your eyes and head like a regular sleep mask, taking care to situate the headphones over your ears. If you plan to regularly use your SleepPhones® as a sleep mask, you may wish to go down a size to ensure a snug fit.
Besides making your room nice and dark, you can also follow these tips to ensure a good night's sleep:
- Avoid caffeine and alcohol in the evening.
- Put electronics away at least an hour before bedtime— the light they emit can trick your brain into staying awake.
- Create a bedtime ritual (such as taking a warm shower or meditating) to ease you into sleep.
- Try to fall asleep and get up at the same time each day.
- Keep your room a cool, comfortable temperature. (Around 70 degrees is recommended.)
- Invest in a comfortable mattress and pillows.
SleepPhones® come in a variety of models, fabrics, and colors. Check out the entire collection to find your perfect fit!