SleepPhones Snoring Solutions
Dashing Through the Snow, Snoring All the Way
We all know the unmistakable grunting, sniffing, and snorting sounds of someone snoring. However, few people understand what this noisy "breathing" actually is and how they can curb it.
Frustratingly, snoring is not only annoying to the one who's doing it, but can also be a source of exasperation to significant others and, if it's loud enough, can affect the sleep of family members in other rooms as well. Moreover, if you're traveling this holiday season, you don't want to be the passenger making a ruckus for the whole flight, train ride, or road trip.
What Causes Snoring?
Snoring occurs when your airflow from breathing causes the tissue in the back of your throat to vibrate. Although it appears that the sound originates from the noise, you can actually snore through your mouth or a combination of the two.
The way you sleep can also be a contributing factor. Although sleeping on your back is generally the healthiest position for back alignment and warding off acid reflux, it does exacerbate the likelihood of snoring. To keep the sound of sawing logs to a minimum, try getting some shuteye on your side. This position allows you to keep your airway open.
Whether you're traveling or not, keep the alcoholic drinks to a minimum this holiday, as this can also increase the likelihood of snoring. Even a nightcap or two can relax your throat muscles enough to induce snoring.
Moreover, if you have a cold or sinus infection, ask your doctor if taking a decongestant, allergy medication, or nasal spray is an option, as these mild illnesses can cause seriously troublesome mouth breathing and snoring.
Who is at Risk for Snoring?
According to research by Sleep Education, a resource provided by the American Academy of Sleep Medicine, about 50% of people snore at some point in their lives. Interestingly, there are differences between genders when it comes to the regularity of snoring. In fact, about 40% of men snore while only 24% of women snore.
Snoring can also be triggered by:
- Genetic Factors
Dealing with a Partner Who Snores
Snoring can be as bothersome for the partner in the bed as the one dealing with the issue. A study by the Mayo Clinic found that the sleep of a spouse or significant-other was interrupted an average of 21 times an hour from snoring.
In another study by Chest, the official publication of the American college of chest physicians, doctors from the Mayo Clinic found that once snoring was treated, the partner's quality-of-life (QOL) scores increased well beyond that of the person receiving the treatment.
A Solution for Dealing With a Snorer
Thankfully, there is a way to deal with the noise of a snorer. AcousticSheep has developed a set of headphones for anyone that is experiencing difficulty sleeping called SleepPhones®. While many online recommendations state that earplugs can be a solution, jabbing something in your ears to help you sleep just isn't comfortable.
SleepPhones® however, are designed to be "pajamas for your ears." They have a super soft, breathable headband that contains thin removable speakers that can play sleep sounds, white noise, meditations, audio books or any type of music to block the sound of snoring. These headphones are so popular that more than 9 out of 10 customers would recommend SleepPhones to a friend.
SleepPhones were developed by family physician, Dr. Wei-Shin Lai and her husband, Jason Wolfe, a game developer. At the time, Dr. Lai worked at a private practice and was on call every fourth night and was having difficulty falling back asleep after tending to a multitude of nightly emergencies. In the quest to find a solution, Jason stumbled upon binaural beat (an auditory illusion that mimic's restful brainwaves).
However, Dr. Lai found that there were no headphones for sleeping that existed on the market. For that reason, she and Jason developed their own. Later, Dr. Lai began making them for her own patients suffering from sleeping issues, many of whom lived with a snoring spouse. From the feedback she has received, SleepPhones may have even saved a few marriages.
To give your loved ones a holiday gift this year you know they will love (and one you know they will use) consider giving the gift of SleepPhones. To learn more visit www.sleepphones.com.
5 Reasons Why SleepPhones Are Essential For Holiday Travel
Traveling over the holidays?...
There are many reasons why you may need SleepPhones® this holiday season, especially if you are going out of town. The long drive, or airplane ride can be a huge struggle. But what happens when you get to your families house and you have snoring family members? Your holiday can go from great to not so great really fast! So this year be sure to pack SleepPhones for your travels!
Reasons people can experience sleepless nights while traveling:
- Unfamiliar Place - SleepPhones can help you feel more comfortable in a new place because the pajamas for your ears are the same ones you wear at home. So even if the pillow's not quite the same, your familiar head gear will still help you feel a bit more at home.
- Unfamiliar Sounds - SleepPhones can help mask noises in your sleep environment. Sometime in a new place, just the way the wind howls outside or the way the heating system sounds can be disturbing. Whether you are visiting the city or the country, you can always listen to your favorite nature sounds or relaxation tracks. SleepPhones® keeps your auditory surroundings consistent and familiar.
- Random Noises - When a family gathers, there's always bound to be someone who snores. Plus, there's the neighbor's dog barking outside. And the people who either stay up too late or wake up too early. There are all sorts of disturbances that can interrupt your sleep. SleepPhones help to drown out those annoying sounds and keep you asleep.
- Jet Lag - If you have to travel to a different time zone, the first few days are often a bit more tiring. To keep you refreshed and upbeat, you need to sleep well. SleepPhones can help you get to sleep when you want and help keep you asleep until the morning.
- During Travel - Why wear clunky, heavy, and breakable headphones while traveling? SleepPhones® are easily packable because they are so soft, flexible, and durable. They are easy to stow into your pocket, purse, or luggage. Teens who like to listen to their own music or play games during travel would surely appreciate having their own audio space during a long car ride or plane flight(s).
- Emergency Gift - SleepPhones® are the perfect emergency gift. At $39.95, they aren't too expensive. Everyone sleeps, so everyone can possibly use them. They are guaranteed to be intriguing and unique. It's unlikely that the recipient already has one, so it's perfect for the person who's hard to buy for. Actually, if they already have one, they would probably love to have a back up set. More than 50% of people who own SleepPhones or RunPhones use them almost daily, and 95% of people who buy SleepPhones® or RunPhones® would recommend them.
SleepPhones® are the most comfortable sleep technology, and allow you to enjoy your holidays even if you are away from home!
Read more about 5 Reasons Why SleepPhones Are Essential For Holiday TravelAcousticSheep LLC © 2023 All Rights Reserved.