SleepPhones are Green
• The fleece headband is made of 88% recycled plastic bottles. The manufacturing of the fleece is
done by Polartec® in Massachusetts then shipped directly to Pennsylvania via FedEx ground.
• All of the electronics in the SleepPhones are RoHS compliant, which means that they are free of
lead and other dangerous heavy metals. They can be safely disposed.
• SleepPhones headquarters is powered by 100% wind energy.
• Operations are streamlined in order to reduce waste. For example, the instruction booklets are
printed two at a time so that there is minimal paper waste.
• Ink and toner cartridges are recycled.
• The SleepPhones packaging was carefully chosen to minimize materials and weight which uses
less fuel to transport. We do not use packing peanuts. We reuse plastic balloons, bubbles, and boxes
from our suppliers whenever possible.
• Almost all manufacturing waste is recycled (cardboard, office paper) or reused (leftover fabric).
• We ship via USPS not only to save both the customer and us money, but also because the postal carrier
has to make a trip to your work or residence anyway. FedEx, UPS, and DHL need to use gasoline getting
the package to you.
• Computer equipment is on a smart strip so all peripherals automatically turn off when the computer
is not on.
• Our employees work from home, so they do not have to drive to and from work every day. Nor do
they have to drive their kids to day care.
Here Is How You Can Help
• Reuse as many of the packaging parts as possible.If your SleepPhones came in a corrugated cardboard
box, please reuse and recycle your box.
• If your SleepPhones came in a Tyvek® envelope, please recycle the envelope! For small quantities
(less than 25 envelopes), turn any Tyvek® envelope inside out, so the unprinted white surface shows
on the outside. Stuff the inside-out Tyvek® envelope with other used Tyvek® envelopes for recycling.
Address and mail the envelope to: Tyvek® Recycle, Attn. Shirley B. Wright, 2400 Elliham Avenue #A,
Richmond, VA 23237. More information on recycling Tyvek.
SleepPhones are Socially Responsible
• We buy as many components from US manufacturers as possible.
• Sewing, assembly, quality control, and shipping of SleepPhones are all done in Pennsylvania.
• Our employees work from home, which allows them to be with their family and work whenever
• We pay our employees a living wage.
• We have donated to: The National Sleep Foundation, Listen & Learn: Music for a Different Kind of
Audience, Autism Speaks, and National Public Radio
• We sponsor various informative podcasts.
SleepPhones Respects Your Privacy
• We will never see your credit card information.
• If you use Google Checkout, your credit/debit card information is between you and Google.
• If you use PayPal, your credit/debit card information is between you and PayPal.
• If you sign up for our newsletter, we will send you periodic email updates.
• We never sell your information to other companies.
• We do not share our customer lists with any companies.