Polartec® has finished production of our lavender and gray color fabrics! They are both the recycled soda bottle with spandex fleece. We will start production of SleepPhones in those colors in January, to be ready by mid-February. Some customers have been asking for those colors back, so we're working on it!
Tonight was close to another record breaking night. 40 minutes to go... but I don't think we'll break any records tonight. We've certainly come a long way since we started making the first SleepPhones prototypes three years ago. Here was the logo I had come up with at first. It was the best we could do with our budget at the time. It doesn't quite compare with our current logo, which is the cutest cartoon sheep ever.
SleepPhones are Socially Responsible
- We buy as many components from US manufacturers as possible.
- Sewing, assembly, quality control, and shipping of SleepPhones are all done in Pennsylvania.
- Our employees work from home, which allows them to be with their family and work whenever they want.
- We pay our employees double the minimum wage.
- We have donated to the National Sleep Foundation, Listen & Learn: Music for a Different Kind of Audience, Autism Speaks, and National Public Radio.
SleepPhones were on Gabe Slate's Tech Report last night!
Watch the clip for New Gadgets Could Make Great Gifts for the Holidays.
Here is the permanent link to the video.
Gabe Slate's Tech Report on SleepPhones Helping Bay Area Residents Sleep Better
By Gabriel Slate KRON 4 News
We decided to support a few really cool podcasts. One is The Classic Tales where a literary piece is read each week. The other is Escape Pod, a weekly science fiction podcast. We sponsored the latest episode of The Classic Tales where B.J. Harrison performs The Cricket on the Hearth by Charles Dickens (Episode 136). The three-part story is about Tackleton, a toymaker who hated children. And if a Cricket was ever heard tittering near his hearth, he'd crush it, and relish the jam on the heel of his boot.
Leo Laporte Wears SleepPhones on Giz Wiz Episode 972
Leo Laporte, the Tech Guy, loves his SleepPhones and wears them throughout the entire GizWiz show on November 30, 2009 (Episode 972) instead of his big bulky professional headphones.